Sunday, October 21, 2007

Poetry Sunday: Untitled

I fall in love 1000 times a day. Luckily, 999 of those times is with my husband. [Look, every once in a while I come across a photo of Ewan I've never seen before and I fall in love with him all over again. Don't judge.] My Binkylani is just 999 kinds of adorable, from the top of his salt-and-cinnamon head to the tips of his uncut toenails. Smooshy!

It has been fabulous having Dusty home more often. We have both been such homebodies lately, lounging in bed with our books and games rather than going out on the town. We've even had our usual Sunday brunches at home these last couple of weeks. Never again will I underestimate the value of the two-day weekend. It gives me more time to fall.

I wrote this poem in June 1999. It wasn't the first poem I wrote to Dusty, but it was the first one I wrote for him.

Untitled [for Dusty]

Fire engulfs Earth
in a baptism of
creative destruction.

With only the desert behind you,
take my hand...

We can dream of the Sea.
Post a Comment