Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Who Are You?

"I really wanna know / Who are you? / Who, who, who, who?"

Betsy told me during our weekly chat last night that her only issue with my blog is that she doesn't know the source or singer of many of the blog songs. Mostly she treats the lyrics from these unknown songs as bits of random poetry, but sometimes she is intrigued by the lyrics and would like to know who sang it or where she could find it.

Betsylove, have you heard of this newfangled thing called Gooogle? It's what the kids call a "search engine". Apparently, you type your query into a magic box and it gives you answers! It's fantastic! Maybe if you typed the name of the song and a few of the lyrics into it, you'd get the singer. Try it. It just might work. [End Snark. Lovvve youuu.]

Seriously, though, Betsy is supercrazybusy raising two darling boys, and I'm lucky she even gives this blog the time of day. So! From now on, I will list in tiny letters at the end of the post who the artist is or, as in the case of "The Scotsman", the source of the song. I already began with last night's post, a song by India.Arie.

Below is a list of the other artists and songs that have appeared on my blog so far, in alphabetical order. I live to serve.

ABBA: Thank You for the Music

a-ha: The Sun Always Shines on TV, Living a Boy's Adventure Tale

Alphaville: Forever Young

Joey Ayala: Bathala

Barenaked Ladies: These Apples

Chic [sortof]: Le [Geek]

Elvis Costello: Every Day I Write the Book

Crowded House: When You Come

Dido: Here with Me

Dixie Chicks: Wide Open Spaces

Patsy Cline: Walking After Midnight

Cowboy Junkies: 200 More Miles

Duran Duran: Too Much Information

Michael Franti & Spearhead: Everybody Ona Move

Nellie Furtado: I'm Like a Bird

Garbage: Special

Great Big Sea: Summer

Haddaway: What is Love?

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts: I Hate Myself for Loving You

Carole King: Where You Lead, You've Got a Friend, Beautiful

Annie Lennox: Legend in My Living Room

Madonna: Beautiful Stranger

Barry Manilow: I Write the Songs

Bob Marley: Three Little Birds

Sarah McLachlan: Push

No Doubt: I'm Just a Girl

Oingo Boingo: Who Do You Want to Be?, No One Lives Forever

Queen: The Show Must Go On, We Are the Champions

Corinne Bailey Rae: Put Your Records On

Malvina Reynolds: Little Boxes

Sarah Slean: Day One

Soup Dragons: I'm Free

Spandau Ballet: Gold

Stray Cats: Stray Cat Strut

Cree Summer: Soul Sister

Telepopmusik: Breathe

Jill Tracy: Evil Night Together

The Turtles: Happy Together

U2: Where the Streets Have No Name

White Stripes: We Are Gonna Be Friends

[Folk song]: The Scotsman

[Hairspray Soundtrack, Nikki Blonsky]: Good Morning, Baltimore!

[Lion King Soundtrack, Elton John]: Circle of Life

[Pirates?]: A Pirate's Life for Me

[TV show theme]: Wonder Woman



"Who Are You?" by the Who, for my under-30 readers.
Post a Comment