Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thank You

"I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life / Oh, just to be with you is having the best day of my life"

Happy Thanksgiving, Shatner-stealing Mexico-touchers! We who live in the Great White North celebrated Turkey Day last month, so today is just Thursday to us. However, in the spirit of the holiday, I want to acknowledge that a lot of things for which I am most thankful are also the ones to whom I am most thankful, on this day and every day.

Thank you, Coworkers. You have really allowed me to let my geek flag fly. Where else could I proudly show off a glowing replica of Sting [the sword, not the singer, you n00b] on my desk? We made the Game of the Year, bunnies! I can feel it!

Thank you, Friends. You make even the longest distances disappear with one Instant Message. I can recognize any of you in a crowded room just by the sound of your laughter. You make summers funner and winters warmer.

Thank you, Family. Y'all have put up with my shenanigans since the day I was born. You figured out long ago that understanding me is not as important as loving me. You recently sent me three boxes of grits because these crazy Canadian grocery stores don't stock culinary gold. THANK YOU.

Thank you, Husband. You're cute and smart and funny and kind. Your neck smells good. Your ears are soft to pet. You let me cry on your good shirts. I like you a lot. A LOT.

Thank you, Universe. You've really surprised me a bunch this year. You've pushed me--sometimes too hard, but we cool--to grow and change and evolve. I think we can make this Life thing work, ya? Ya.



"Thank You" by Dido
Post a Comment