Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hero

"And then a hero comes along / with the strength to carry on / and you cast your fears aside / and you know you can survive"

WARNING: Spoilers ahead for the TV show Heroes.

Okay, I need to stay calm. I know that there is a writer's strike in Hollywood and they probably wanted to go out with a bang before they took up their picket signs. I know that it's the fall finale and the season has to end with a cliffhanger. I know that last season's cliffhanger also made us wonder whether one or more of the Petrelli brothers would be worm food. Ma Petrelli's boys are the hub of the great wheel o' heroes, so of course they have to be central to the cliffhanger.

But why, writers? Why would you want to hurt me like this? What have I ever done to you except watch your show faithfully every week? I actually gasped aloud when I saw the penultimate scene of Volume Two. All I could think was "NOOOOOOOOO!!! NOT THE PASDAR!!!" Hold on, Nathan. You know you can survive!

The thought that those Lovely Angular Cheekbones might not be part of my weekly TV... feel... faint... room... spinning. I need to lie down.



"Hero" by Mariah Carey
Post a Comment