Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Girl

"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day / When it's cold outside / I've got the month of May / I guess you'd say / What could make me feel this way? / My girl"

My darling one has been asleep for the last hour or so -- thanks to Daddy's magic rocking-baby-girl-to-sleep arms -- which means it is almost time for another feeding. I know, I know, I'm totally ignoring the advice of all the people who said I should sleep when the baby sleeps, but a lot of those same people also have been asking about the baby, so they can shut up and read. A longer post will be forthcoming . . . eventually. In the meantime:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, WEE ONE!

Diana Florecita Everman

Named after Dusty's mom, Diana, and my mom, Florecita
Born on: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 at high noon
Weight: 6 pounds 11 ounces
Length: 19 inches
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Gunmetal Gray
Fingers: 10
Toes: 10
Cheeks: Nummers
Hours I Spent in Labor: 41
Times I've Said "Nipple" in the Last 48 Hours: 135
[I can't say "nipple" while I'm asleep; I've tried.]

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fall in love some more.


"My Girl" by The Temptations

Post a Comment