Saturday, June 28, 2008

That Face

"Those cheeks, that neck, that chin / Will surely do me in"

Oh my god, you guys. My baby is the most adorable baby EVER. I've seen a lot of cute babies in my time , but holy crap my baby is the cutest. Every day I have a full meal with her cheeks as appetizer, her neck as an entree, and her chin for dessert. Yummers nummers!

Diana's Lolo and Lola arrived today from Baltimore for a week-long visit and they noticed that she's a very smiley baby. I know that her "smiles" are really just her getting used to her face, so I'm trying not to read anything into her expressions. I do admit it's fun guessing the various personalities she is trying out.

I call this one Morty, the glad-handing used car salesman: "How ya doin'? What would it take to get you into this gawgeous Chevy Impala?" [Check out that fabulous male pattern baldness.]

This one is Scar, the Pirate Who Only Says "Yarrr!" [Yes, she scratched up her face. Stupid muscle control.]

Gollum wantss the Preciouss!

DJ Kidlat in the hizz, dropping beats like hotcakes! Holla!

The newest one in her repertoire surfaced on Thursday. My baby transformed into [le gasp] Oprah: "I feel your pain, sisterfriend."

So, yeah. My baby is awesome. She's eating, sleeping, and pooping like she's been doing it all her life. I may not be able to post very much for a while, but I'm sleeping way better than expected for someone with an 11-day-old; like four hours at a stretch sometimes. [I just jinxed myself, didn't I?] It wouldn't be possible without my fantastic partner and husband, who is an expert at diaper duty and kitchen cleanup. Go Team Everman! Now with Diana, Wonder Baby!


"That Face" from The Producers

Post a Comment