Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Best Way to Travel

"Speeding through the universe / Thinking is the best way to travel"

Tomorrow afternoon we are leaving for Calgary, our first official road trip as a family. We have to go tell our homeland's gubbment that a child was born unto us [Hallelujah!] and get Diana her first passport, so we're staying overnight at a hotel and lining up at the American Consulate first thing Monday morning.

So!

1) How do we make sure that our infant is relatively happy during the 2 1/2 hour drive down to Calgary? And back?

2) How do I avoid getting neurotic about my daughter coming into contact with hotel sheets and surfaces? I've seen those Dateline specials with the infrared hidden cameras, and I've been generally okay about hotels' lax standards of cleanliness. Until now. I'm thinking that even a giant tub of Lysol disinfectant wipes will be no match for whatever evil lurks on hotel surfaces. I'm trying to be zen about it, but we all know I'm too butt-puckered to be zen about this sort of thing.

Advice? Suggestions? Bring it.


"The Best Way to Travel" by Moody Blues

Post a Comment