Friday, July 25, 2008

Play the Game

"Rest your weary head and let your heart decide / It's so easy when you know the rules"

Every day, Diana gets a few minutes of Tummy Time so she can exercise her wee muscles and learn how to pull herself up and roll over. She doesn't particularly like Tummy Time [read: she hates it with a passion that burns brighter than the twin suns of Tattooine], so I set the egg timer to three minutes as her limit before I turn her back over. Even if she gets pissed off, she has to struggle through those three minutes.

Yesterday, my darling one pulled herself up during Tummy Time for a full minute, just long enough for me to praise her mad skillz. Then she promptly banged her tiny fists down on the mat, kicked her wee legs out, and laid her head down to sleep. When the timer rang, she opened one eye, looked right at me crouched on the floor beside her, smiled, and banged her fists on the mat once more for emphasis. Then she started snoring. It counts as Tummy Time if she's still on her tummy when the timer rings, right?

Uh-oh. Am I raising a power gamer?


"Play the Game" by Queen

Post a Comment